Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Tonya Krouse on Feminism- Guest Lecture

Until this point i would have never considered myself to be a feminist. In my mind a 'feminist' would be referring to someone who is actively making changes in the world. After some discussion in class, and defining a feminist to be someone who believes that women should have equal rights, of course I agree with this completely so i would now consider myself to be a feminist. In my own life i view the term feminist to be a very strong and empowering characterization. Feminism in my mind is always putting women first, whether that be greater than or equal to anything regarding men. Thinking about it now, i seemed to think of feminism as a strictly man versus woman mindset. After reading more about the views and goals of feminism i understand there is more depth to it then that.

No comments: